1. Search Engines
- Bidding is allowed on Google and Bing/Yahoo with a few restrictions listed herein.
- Bidding on Ask, Facebook, Twitter, Find What and other search engines and social media sites is permitted with no restrictions on AC Lens trademarked terms.
- Clause 3 below (Competitor Terms) in the PPC Policy must be followed on all pay-per-click search engines and advertisements.
2. AC Lens and Manufacturer Trademarks
- Affiliates may not bid on AC Lens trademark terms on Google and Bing/Yahoo, including international versions.
- There are no trademark restrictions with AC Lens trademarks on Ask, Find What, Facebook, and other pay-per-click search engines.
- Affiliates MAY NOT use www.aclens.com in the display URL at any PPC search engine or various content network sections. Alternative spellings of our domain name are also not permitted, including but not limited to www.aclens.com, www.ac-lens.com, www.aclens.net, etc. See direct linking policy below for additional information.
- Affiliates are permitted to use AC Lens trademarks in the URL to the right of the domain in the display URL. Example: www.yoursite.com/aclens.com.
- Affiliates may not include "Official Site" or make representations that your advertisement is from AC Lens.
- Affiliates may not bid on AC Lens + "term" on Google and Bing/Yahoo. Example: AC Lens reviews, AC Lens discounts, etc.
- You may bid on manufacturer specific terms, although some manufacturers have blocked the use of their terms on various search engines without prior permission.
- AC Lens terms include all of the following and any potential misspellings not shown here:
- ac lens
- a.c. lens
- ac lenses
- a c lenses
- arlington contact lens service
- arlington contact lenses service
- arlington lens supply
- arlington contact lens supply
3. Direct to Merchant / Landing Pages
- Direct-to-merchant linking is not permitted on Google and Yahoo/Bing. Affiliates may not use our URL in the display URL on any PPC advertisement.
- Domain misspellings are not allowed in the display URL on any advertisement including but not limited to www.aclenses.com, www.aclens.net, www.ac-lens.com, etc.
- Affiliates bidding on AC Lens trademarks may not use a landing page that includes advertisements for competitors. Example: If an affiliate bids on the term "aclens.com". The landing page must be entirely dedicated to AC Lens and may not have competitor offers on the same page.
4. Geo-Targeting and Dayparting
- Geo-Targeting is allowed on all search engines as long as policies regarding display URL, competitor terms and trademarks are followed.
- Dayparting is allowed on all search engines as long as policies regarding display URL, competitor terms and trademarks are followed.
- Using geo-targeting and dayparting to avoid enforcement of the AC Lens PPC Policy is strictly prohibited and grounds for immediate removal and reversal of all commissions up to 30 days prior to the date of the PPC violation.
- International geo-targeting is allowed as long as the advertisement is truthful in the AC Lens international policies. Example: International affiliates may not mention free shipping on international orders, taxes are not included, etc.
- International affiliates may not use a AC Lens display URL on any search engine, including but not limited to www.aclens.com, www.aclens.co.uk, www.aclens.ca and any related misspellings.
5. Ad Copy Restrictions
- Truth in advertising: Affiliates are required to be truthful about any advertisement representing AC Lens, including information surrounding discounts and special offers.
- Do not represent your advertisement as an official or endorsed AC Lens advertisement or site.
6. Exclusions, Penalties and Notifications
- AC Lens reserves the right to exclude any or all of our PPC policy for individual affiliates at our sole discretion.
- Excluded affiliates are required to agree via signed contract to any exclusion permitted herein. Do not assume exclusion via verbal or written communication.
- Affiliates receive one warning and are given 48 business hours to comply with any PPC violations. A second violation will result in termination of the affiliate relationship and may be cause for reversal of past commissions earned up to 30 days prior to the second violation. See below exceptions to this policy.
- Affiliates found using geo-targeting or dayparting features on search engines to avoid enforcement of the AC Lens PPC Policy will be immediately removed from the AC Lens affiliate program, have all commissions reversed up to 30 days prior to the violation date and be immediately reported to the Affiliate Network for investigation.
- Affiliates found in breach of the PPC Policy and Terms of Service regarding competitor terms will be immediately removed from the program, have all commissions reversed up to 30 days and be subject to a $5,000 penalty.
- From time to time, AC Lens may review the PPC policy for changes in the way search engines operate or changes in AC Lens' philosophy. Any changes made to the PPC Policy will be announced via the AC Lens affiliate newsletter and posted on the AC Lens website. Affiliates are given no less than 7 business days to comply with any new PPC terms before a first violation is cited on the affiliate's account.
Violations of the AC Lens PPC Policy may be reported to email@example.com. Please have all applicable proof in your email, including but not limited to screenshots of the ad, geographical location of the ad, URL/network tracking information and the search engine where the ad was found.