AC Lens Affiliate Agreement
Please read this Affiliate Program Agreement (the "Agreement") carefully before submitting your application ("Application") for participation in the AC Lens Affiliate Program (the "Affiliate Program"). This agreement is a binding contract between the individual submitting the Application or the entity on whose behalf the Application is being submitted ("you" and "your") and AC Lens. By submitting the Application, you hereby accept and agree to all of the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement. The Agreement shall be effective only upon AC Lens's acceptance of your Application, and your participation as, an affiliate in the AC Lens Affiliate Program. By submitting an enrollment Application to AC Lens, you certify that you have read and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
WHEREAS, AC Lens has established an Affiliate Program for the purpose of (i) allowing affiliates to advertise and promote AC Lens products on their web sites, (ii) establishing links from affiliates' sites to the AC Lens website for the purpose of allowing users of affiliate sites to purchase products from AC Lens; and
WHEREAS, you desire to be accepted by AC Lens as an affiliate in the Affiliate Program, and to advertise and promote AC Lens's products on your web site and to allow users of your site to link to the AC Lens site for the purpose of purchasing AC Lens's products, among other things;
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the covenants and premises contained herein, the parties agree as follows:
Incorporation of Preamble and Recitals. The above preamble and recitals are incorporated by reference in, and made part of, this Agreement.
To enroll in the Affiliate Program, you must submit a complete Affiliate Program Application, which is found on the AC Lens web site at www.aclens.com/affiliate-program. AC Lens will evaluate your application and will notify you via the e-mail address listed in your Application of its acceptance or rejection of you as an affiliate. AC Lens may reject your application for any reason or for no reason in its sole discretion. AC Lens will reject your application if it determines, in its sole discretion, that your site includes anything that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, harassing, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable. If AC Lens rejects your application, you may reapply for participation in the Affiliate Program at any time.
Search Guidelines / Trademark Usage
Rules and regulations controlling the use of search advertising and AC Lens trademarks may be found at the Pay Per Click (PPC) Policy page here: www.aclens.com/affiliate-ppc-rules-europe. Acceptance of this agreement implies your acceptance of all rules and regulations regarding paid search at said URL. In addition to the PPC Policy, affiliates may not use AC Lens related domain names including typos, misspellings, or variations thereof.
Spyware / Defined Click
- AC Lens strictly forbids all forms of traffic methods and promotional techniques in this section. Applications from affiliates using these types of methods will be declined immediately. Additionally, any affiliate who has been accepted into the affiliate program, who is later found in violation of this policy, will be immediately terminated from the program and will forfeit all commissions.
- AC Lens does not permit the use of spyware, adware or parasiteware techniques for driving traffic. We reserve the right to research and investigate affiliates and their activities and, at our own discretion, determine whether or not these practices are in place.
- Cookie overwriting including intercepting or re-directing traffic from, or diverting commissions from, any web site that participates in the program.
- Forced clicks and forced cookies are not permitted; a customer must take an affirmative action, by clicking on your affiliate tracking link, for you to earn commission on a transaction.
Right of Click
AC Lens participates in multiple affiliate networks, specifically ShareASale and Commission Junction. From time to time, a single transaction may be credited to different affiliates on each network. As per both networks protocol regarding multiple clicks within their own networks, AC Lens officially recognizes the "right of click" as the last click prior to the client completing an order. All commissions related to the first click in these instances will be reversed in all cases.
As an affiliate, AC Lens will make available to you, via the Commission Junction or Shareasale site, a variety of graphic and textual images (the "http://m.aclens.com/l/aclens/images/") that serve to identify your site as a member of the Affiliate Program and will establish links from your site to aclens.com (the "Links"). You may, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, display Links as often and in as many areas on your site as you desire. You shall cooperate fully with AC Lens in establishing and maintaining Links. You may display in your site only those Images provided to you by AC Lens. AC Lens may discontinue use of or replace Images at any time and from time to time in its sole discretion. Upon request, you shall remove any Image from your site and replace it with a new Image provided by AC Lens. All Links must be displayed prominently in relevant sections of your site. Links may be modified or expanded from time to time upon agreement between you and AC Lens, however, the banner link code cannot at any time be modified by the affiliate, doing so will not allow proper reporting of traffic sent through such banner link code. Each Link connecting users of your site to an area of aclens.com will in no way alter the look, feel, or functionality of aclens.com. AC Lens may monitor your site at any time and from time to time to determine if you are in compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
AC Lens's Obligations
AC Lens shall be responsible for providing all information necessary to allow you to make appropriate Links from your site to aclens.com. AC Lens shall (i) process all orders (which includes order entry, payment processing, shipping, handling cancellations and returns, and related customer service) from users who link from your site, (ii) track the volume and amount of sales generated by Links from your site, and (iii) provide information to affiliates regarding sales statistics.
- You will be solely responsible for the development, operation and maintenance of your site and for all materials that appear on your site, including, without limitation: the technical operation of your site and all related equipment; the accuracy and appropriateness of materials posted on your site; ensuring that materials posted on your site do not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party (including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, privacy, or other personal or proprietary rights); ensuring that materials posted on your site are not libelous, defamatory, misleading, false or deceptive or otherwise illegal; ensuring that your site and your business practices do not include any of the activities of unsuitable sites listed in Section 2 above.
- You agree to keep your Application updated with current and accurate information.
- You agree to pay and be responsible for all costs and expenses you may incur in connection with the Affiliate Program or your performance under this Agreement.
- AC Lens is not obligated to make any representations, warranties or other statements concerning you, your site, any of your products or services, or your site policies.
Contests and Promotions
- As an affiliate, provided you perform in accordance with this Agreement, you shall be entitled to participate in and promote on your site special promotions AC Lens may offer, and, in connection therewith, such promotions shall be available to users of your site.
- You agree to use only the coupons and promotions provided directly from AC Lens via the affiliate newsletter or provided directly from the AC Lens Affiliate Manager.
- You agree not to publish or make public in your advertising of AC Lens, any coupons or promotions which AC Lens may offer in other channels including communication from AC Lens to previous customers, offline offers including television, radio, and print advertising, and non-affiliate related online advertisements.
- You agree to monitor and remove unauthorized coupons or promotions on any public communication outlets under your control including but not limited to message boards, weblog comments, and social networking forums.
- Misuse of custom coupon codes and promotions, using another publisher's custom coupon code, or the posting and publication of unauthorized coupons, discounts, and promotions may lead to immediate removal from the aclens.com affiliate program. Offenders can be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AC Lens shall pay you 10% commission, with incentives for varying thresholds, for the purchase made by users of your site who link to AC Lens. Additionally, AC Lens will pay 5% on any order from a returning AC Lens customer. AC Lens may have different commission rates based on product line or brands. See the respective network you join to see if product level commission rates are in effect. No commissions shall be paid for product that is returned for any reason or for which AC Lens is unable to collect the purchase price of the product. Commissions will be paid only on orders received during the term of this Agreement.
Commission Junction and Shareasale.com handle all commission payments. Please visit www.cj.com or www.shareasale.com for more information regarding minimum payouts and timing of payments.
Reports of Sales
You will be given a password and shall have the ability to enter a password-protected site to receive your sales statistics.
You agree to abide by the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, which includes the following:
- Don't use false or misleading header information.
- Don't use deceptive subject lines.
- Identify the message as an ad.
- Tell recipients where you're located.
- Tell recipients how to opt-out of receiving future email from you.
- Honor opt-out requests promptly.
- Monitor what others are doing on your behalf.
Any publisher caught "spamming" via email, messenger, forum, or via other online communication agrees that they will forfeit all payable commissions and be subject to immediate removal from the program. Offenders can be reported to email@example.com.
Social Media and Blog Marketing
- Social Media Marketing is defined as a promotional technique using social medium to disseminate advertisements on networks and websites with social interaction.
- Social Media Networks include Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr, Pinterest, and other websites that allow interaction between a marketer and the general public.
- You agree to not present yourself or your communications via Social Media Networks as official AC Lens sponsored advertisements, promotions, or communication.
- You agree not to "spam" Social Media Networks with offers, coupons, or other deals offered by AC Lens.
- Blog Marketing is the use of web blogs to promote, advertise, or discuss products and services.
- When Blog Marketing, you agree to disclose the placement of AC Lens affiliate links in web blogs as advertising.
- You agree to disclose receipt of free product samples, gifts, coupons, and discounts provided by AC Lens for use in Blog Marketing.
- Abuse of the AC Lens Social Media and Blog Marketing guidelines may lead to immediate removal from the AC Lens affiliate program. Offenders can be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You agree not to use ghost accounts or fake social media profiles to promote AC Lens.
- Mobile Marketing is defined as a promotional technique using SMS, MMS, and other types of communication via mobile phones, smart phones, and other wireless communication devices.
- You agree not to present yourself or any mobile promotion as an official AC Lens communication in any Mobile Marketing message.
- You agree not to "spam" offers, coupons, or deals from AC Lens in Mobile Marketing campaigns.
- You agree to monitor and remove users from Mobile Marketing text lists when they choose to opt-out of Mobile Marketing communications.
Policies and Pricing
- Users who buy AC Lens products through the Affiliate Program are customers of AC Lens. Accordingly, all of AC Lens's policies (including prices and pricing policies), and operating procedures concerning customer orders, customer service, and product sales shall apply. AC Lens may change its policies and operating procedures at any time. AC Lens reserves the right to change prices of products at any time and from time to time.
- You understand and agree that AC Lens shall be the sole owner of any and all data and information AC Lens (or its representatives) obtains or gathers from, or in connection with, end users visiting or transacting business on the AC Lens site or otherwise transacting business with AC Lens, including without limitation, all transaction, usage and preference data.
You shall not create, publish, distribute, or permit any written material that makes reference to AC Lens or the Affiliate Program without first submitting such material to AC Lens and receiving its written consent.
Licenses and Use of the aclens.com Logos and Trademarks
- AC Lens grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable right to (i) access aclens.com through the Links solely in accordance with the terms of this Agreement, and (ii) solely in connection with such Links, to use the aclens.com trademark and logo and similar identifying material relating to AC Lens (but only in the form(s) that they appear on AC Lens Commission Junction / Shareasale pages) (collectively, the "Licensed Materials"), for the sole purpose of promoting AC Lens products on your site. You may not copy, except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, distribute, alter, modify, reverse engineer, or create derivative works from the Licensed Materials. b. AC Lens may revoke your license at any time by giving you written notice. Any goodwill arising out of your use of the Licensed Materials shall inure to the benefit of AC Lens only.
- You shall not make any specific use of any Licensed Materials for purposes other than promoting AC Lens's products on your site. You agree not to use the Licensed Materials in a manner that is misleading or deceptive or disparages AC Lens, its site, the Affiliate Program or AC Lens's products or services or that otherwise portrays AC Lens, in its discretion, in a negative light. AC Lens reserves all rights in the Licensed Materials. At no time during the Term or thereafter will you challenge, or assist others in challenging, the validity of the AC Lens Licensed Materials or the registration thereof or attempt to register any confusingly similar trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names or domain names. Except for the limited license set forth above in Subsection (a) of this Section 12, no license or other rights to the AC Lens's Licensed Materials will be deemed granted to you hereunder or in connection with the Affiliate Program, by implication, estoppel or otherwise.
- You grant to AC Lens a non-exclusive license to use your names, titles, logos, and trademarks (the "Affiliate Trademarks"), to advertise, market, promote, and publicize in any manner your participation in the Affiliate Program, and/or AC Lens rights hereunder. Notwithstanding the foregoing, AC Lens is not obligated to advertise, market, promote, or publicize your participation in the Affiliate Program, the existence of the Affiliate Program, or any other aspect of the Affiliate Program.
- The licenses granted hereunder shall run concurrently with the term of this Agreement.
Obligations Regarding Your Site
You, at your sole cost and expense, shall develop, operate, and maintain your site and all materials that appear on your site, which development, operation and maintenance shall include, without limitation, technical operation of your site and all related equipment; creating and posting product reviews, descriptions, and references on your site and linking those descriptions to aclens.com; assuring the accuracy and propriety of all materials and information posted on your site; ensuring that materials posted on your site do not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party and are not libelous or otherwise illegal, and all other actions necessary to operate and maintain your site.
Term and Termination
The term of this Agreement will begin as of the date AC Lens notifies you that AC Lens has accepted you as an affiliate and will end when terminated by either party. Either you or AC Lens may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause.
AC Lens may modify any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement at any time in its discretion. You will be notified of any changes via email by a change notice. If you do not agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of any modification to this Agreement, you may terminate this Agreement by giving written notice to AC Lens. Your continued participation in the Affiliate Program following any notice of a modification of this Agreement shall constitute your binding acceptance of the Agreement as modified.
Relationship of PartiesYou and AC Lens are independent contractors, and nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales representative, or employment relationship between the parties. You have no authority to make or accept any offers or representations on behalf of AC Lens. You may not make any statement, whether on your site or otherwise, that contradicts anything contained in this Section.
AC Lens makes no express or implied warranties or representations with respect to the Affiliate Program, aclens.com, or any AC Lens products sold through the Affiliate Program, including, without limitation, warranties of fitness, merchantability, non-infringement, or any implied warranties arising out of course of performance, dealing, or trade usage. AC Lens makes no representation that the operation of aclens.com will be uninterrupted or error free, and AC Lens shall not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or errors.
Representations and Warranties
You hereby represent and warrant that:
- This Agreement has been duly and validly executed and delivered by you and constitutes your legal, valid, and binding obligation, enforceable against you in accordance with its terms.
- The execution, delivery, and performance by you of this Agreement and the consummation by you of the transactions contemplated hereby will not, with or without the giving of notice, the lapse of time, or both, conflict with or violate (i) any provision of law, rule, or regulation to which you are subject, (ii) any order, judgment, or decree applicable to you or binding upon your assets or properties, (iii) any provision of your by-laws or certificate of incorporation, or (iv) any agreement or other instrument applicable to you or binding upon your assets or properties.
- You are the sole and exclusive owner of the Affiliate Trademarks and have the right and power to grant licenses to use your trademarks in the manner contemplated herein, and such grant does not and will not (i) breach, conflict with, or constitute a default under any agreement or other instrument applicable to you or binding upon your assets or properties, or (ii) infringe upon any trademark, trade name, service mark, copyright, or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
- No consent, approval, or authorization of, or exemption by, or filing with, any governmental authority or any third party is required to be obtained or made by you in connection with the execution, delivery, and performance of this Agreement or the taking by you of any other action contemplated hereby.
- There is no pending or, to the best of your knowledge, threatened claim, action, or proceeding against you, or any affiliate of yours, with respect to the execution, delivery, or consummation of this Agreement, or with respect to the Affiliate Trademarks, and, to the best of your knowledge, there is no basis for any such claim, action, or proceeding.
- Your acceptance of this agreement also implies the acceptance of the Commission Junction Publisher Service Agreement and/or ShareASale Affiliate Service Agreement.
Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement or with the consent of the other party hereto, each of the parties hereto agrees that all information including, without limitation, the terms of this Agreement, business and financial information, customer and vendor lists, and pricing and sales information, concerning AC Lens or you, respectively, or any other affiliate, provided by or on behalf of any of them shall remain strictly confidential and secret and shall not be utilized, directly or indirectly, by such party for its own business purposes or for any other purpose except and solely to the extent that any such information is generally known or available to the public through a source or sources other than such party hereto or its affiliates. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each party is hereby authorized to deliver a copy of any such information (a) to any person pursuant to a subpoena issued by any court or administrative agency, (b) to its accountants, attorneys, or other agents on a confidential basis, and (c) otherwise as required by applicable law, rule, regulation, or legal process including, without limitation, the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and the rules and regulations promulgated thereunder, and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and the rules and regulations promulgated thereunder.
Limitation of Liability
AC Lens SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF REVENUE, PROFITS, OR DATA, ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM, EVEN IF ITS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AVAILABLE WITH RESPECT TO THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY BREACH BY AC Lens HEREOF SHALL BE TO TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT.
You shall indemnify and hold harmless AC Lens and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their directors, officers, employees, agents, shareholders, partners, members, and other owners, against any and all claims, actions, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, judgments, settlements, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) (any or all of the foregoing hereinafter referred to as "Losses") insofar as such Losses (or actions in respect thereof) arise out of or are based on (i) any claim that AC Lens's use of the Affiliate Trademarks infringes any trademark, trade name, service mark, copyright, license, intellectual property, or other proprietary right of any third party, (ii) any misrepresentation of a representation or warranty or breach of a covenant and agreement made by you herein, or (iii) any claim related to your site, including, without limitation, content therein not attributable to AC Lens.
AC Lens shall indemnify you against Losses that arise out of any claim that your use of the Images provided to you by AC Lens infringe any rights of a third party; provided that the Images have not been modified by anyone other than AC Lens.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT AC Lens MAY AT ANY TIME (DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY) SOLICIT POTENTIAL AFFILIATES ON TERMS THAT MAY DIFFER FROM THOSE CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT OR OPERATE WEB SITES THAT ARE SIMILAR TO OR COMPETE WITH YOUR WEB SITE. YOU HAVE INDEPENDENTLY EVALUATED THE DESIRABILITY OF PARTICIPATING IN THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM AND ARE NOT RELYING ON ANY REPRESENTATION, GUARANTY, OR STATEMENT OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.
This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Ohio, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action relating to this Agreement must be brought in the federal or state courts located in The State of Ohio, and you irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
You may not assign this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of AC Lens. Subject to that restriction, this Agreement will be binding on, inure to the benefit of, and be enforceable against the parties and their respective successors and assigns. This Agreement contains the complete understanding between the parties pertaining to the subject matter hereof. AC Lens's failure to enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of its right to subsequently enforce such a provision or any other provision of this Agreement. Should any one or more provisions of this Agreement be determined illegal or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, all other provisions shall remain effective.
All notices required under this Agreement shall be sent via United States mail, postage prepaid, addressed to the parties at the following addresses:
If to AC Lens:
Arlington Contact Lens Service Inc.
Attn: Legal Services
4265 Diplomacy Dr
Columbus, Ohio 43228
If to Affiliate: The address as set forth in the Affiliate Program Application.