At AC Lens we are committed to making aclens.com accessible to every visitor, including those with visual impairments or similar disabilities. Our Software Developers and Quality Assurance Specialists have worked hard to ensure that those using a keyboard to navigate, those who require some accommodations for vision needs, or those who are using assistive technologies such as screen readers can more easily interact with the content and applications provided by AC Lens.
Our efforts to achieve WCAG/Section 508 compliance have been guided by the accessibility requirements of the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and guidelines promulgated by the World Wide Web Consortium.
Steps we have taken to improve accessibility:
- Appropriate images and non-text visual elements include alternative (alt) text as well as screen reader text alternatives for background images
- Pages include appropriate semantically correct structure elements such as H1, H2, etc.
- Site header area includes skip navigation links
- Form labels, directions, and appropriate cue relationships
- Data table markup with hierarchical tabular relationships
- Explicit roles, states, and disclosures of UI elements
- Focus order of navigation elements
- Proper use of color contrast ratios